Welcome to Circle Cinema
Moor Pool's Community Cinema
Offering quality and influential films to the local and wider community of Harborne
Image and icons designed by freepik.com
- It had been our intention to celebrate our post-covid relaunch and 5th anniversary, with a charity screening of Knives Out on July 11th. Unfortunately this has had to be postponed due to delay in relaxation of the lockdown restrictions.
NB. Dates and films are subject to change, please check the website before setting off to confirm the screening is going ahead.
Film Festival Success!
Circle Cinema's inaugural film festival was a resounding success. The festival was opened by special guests Ziauddin and Toor Pekai, the parents of Malala Yousafzai. Thanks to the BFI and Saville Audio Visual, we really did bring the big screen experience to Moor Pool!
Read Saville's article about it here: Big Screen Win for Circle Cinema.
See some photos from the event in our Gallery.
Save the date...
Circle Cinema holds its inaugural film festival on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th June.
The festival films are:
- He Named Me Malala (PG) (2015, Davis Guggenheim)
- The Incredibles (U) (2004, Brad Bird)
- Apollo 13 (PG) (1995, Ron Howard)
- Brooklyn (12A) (2015, John Crowley)
See Film Festival.
And the Winner is...
Jim Tucker put in a lot of hard work entering our embryonic cinema for a competition run by BFI and Saville Audio Visual and we have just heard that we are the winners!
The prize comprises a complete package and includes a 4000 Lumen Projector, Projection Screen, Full HD Smart Blu-ray player, Amplifier, Speakers with stands and a Magic Movie Mobile to keep everything safe in! Cinema For All – the national organisation that supports film societies and community cinemas – will also provide the winning community with one year free membership.